HOW TO STRAIGHTEN YOUR ALL WEATHER DURABLE ROPE CORD (For the Aero Speed Silver, Cross Speed Pink, Rope Master r/blk and RM y/blk)
Adults 18 and over should perform these steps to straighten and size cord for their height and be safe!
1. Getting started: First remove cellophane from center of rope cord.
2. Bring a medium size pot of water to a mild boil.
3. Carefully submerge rope cord into the water with the aid of tongues or a large cooking utensil. After 1-2 minutes turn off heat and let cord sit for 2-3 minutes or until cord straightens.
4. Using tongues or cooking utensil, carefully remove cord from water and onto a towel. Cord should be straightened.
5. If it needs to straighten further: Repeat these steps if necessary or put cord back in hot water to make it straight.
6. Attach cord to handles by twisting cord on to handles after cutting off excess cord! (See instructions inside rope card).
7. See rope measurement guide to customize the rope for your height. (See instructions inside rope card).
8. Jump on smooth surface of wood, rubber or carpet and avoid concrete to prolong life of cord.
Rope to Success™! There is a one year guarantee on your rope cord when used on smooth surfaces!
Rope Jumping is an ancient activity, where the only equipment needed is a jump rope (in other parts of the world it is frequently referred to as rope skipping or skipping rope). It was used by the aborigines that jumped rope as a form of play using flexible bamboos. Today it is used by many sports, and since a few years, it has become a very popular part of Crossfit training. Jump rope for weight loss is a common activity that is very efficient, burning 13 calories per minute for a 150 lb person at a mere pace of 120 turns per minute. Jump rope activities for kids are available on the Jump For Heart website, and acts as a great way to prevent heart disease and diabetes from an early age, while having fun. Buddy Lee’s jump rope work out is for everyone, from young to old and from people trying to lose a few pounds to serious athletes.
Sara Solomon, one of the Buddy Lee Master Jump Rope Trainers, has an inspiring story to tell of how she went from fat to fabulous and became a fitness model. She is one of Jump Rope Technology’s Jump Rope Girls. On Buddy Lee’s Jump Rope Training DVD you can find jump rope exercises to get you started and take you a lifelong quest to being fit for life. Jump rope for cardio is only one way to use jump rope for your fitness needs. Once you become proficient, Buddy Lee teaches you high intensity training in his book Jump Rope Training. A jump rope length calculator is not necessary. Simple follow the below steps to measure your jump rope for your height.
1. Stand on center of rope with one foot
2. Tip of handles should reach to top of shoulders
3. Cut of excess rope or tie knots on side for short term adjustment
Jump rope fitness is one of the best ways to get fit and stay fit. Rope to Success!